Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cardinals and Cousins

Last week my little cousin, Nick, was in from Denver. Nick is Jill's son. He has really become a sports fan in the last 18 months. On his trip to STL one thing he wanted to do was attend a Cardinals game! I was able to get some great tickets, down the 1st base line and 10 rows off the field. Uncle Mike and Kyle went to the game with Nick and me.

I thought Nick would love it if we could get a ball . . well, I decided it never hurts to ask. We were sitting close enough that I went and asked the ball usher (not sure if that is what he is called) that sits down the first base line. I explained about Nick being from Denver and wanting to come to the game and was there any chance of him possibly getting a ball. The usher looked up and said you mean for the little guy up there munching on Cracker Jacks, I said that's him. He said he would try but he had no guarantee if a ball would come his way but he'd try. He said he loves when kids get a ball! Manny Ramirez hit a home run into the bleachers and it was thrown back by a fan . . .our usher ran out and got the ball and montioned for myself and Nick to come down. You should have seen the fans around us trying to figure it out but that was nothing compared to the smile and pure joy on Nick's face!Kyle was a great sport explaining so much to Nick. More of the story is a few days before the game Uncle Mike called to see if Ludwick was a good shirt and I said Oh Yea! Albert Pujols hit a grand slam and then Ludwick a homerun after Pujols. Fireworks and much shouting and jumping. Nick wanted to stay to the end of the game and we did. Nick told me I had planned a perfect game :)

It was a perfect night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO CARDS!!!!!!!! E-MAN

Anonymous said...

Nancy-
What a cute story!
Lori