Friday, October 3, 2008

Vice Presidential Debate - Nancy

Last night Mother and I did something we had never done. We went to the VP Debate Watch Party at Chaifetz Arena. It was a blast - no matter which candidate you support it was history making! Before the debate there were a variety of speakers and music. The crowd favorite was Andy Benes. We watched the debate on the big screens and the big draw of the evening was that Sarah Palin came after the debate and spoke to the crowd. Governor Palin arrived in her Straight Talk Bus. Mother and I were seated in the area where her bus came in (they pulled into the arena) and we had thundersticks to make noise. It was quite a night!

2 comments:

Ang said...

Golly, gee, heck, (Palin's words make me laugh) how very cool that you were there!!! I actually watched it on TV (I am so nonpolitical) and thought it was very interesting.

Henley Family said...

It was very cool. I enjoyed the whole atmosphere. Uncle Mike had VIP tickets and he was in Denver so we used them. Palin's accent and word choice is unique but appealing (at least to me). N