Monday, October 15, 2007

Cape Henry and VA Beach

o


It was beautiful sunny and 75 here today in VA Beach. We started the morning at Cape Henry at Fort Story. It is the place where the first explorers came to the Americas in 1607. There is a lighthouse there. It is 75 steep steps up to the light house and then you can climb up in the light house. Dad decided to climb the additional 116 steps in the lighthouse. At the top he had to go up a ladder - we were content to let him do that! Then it was off to the beach for the rest of the day. Too cool to get in the water but not too cool to soak up the sun, read, and enjoy the sound of the surf. It was amazing to watch about 20 dolphins jumping and playing in the water - I watched them for 20 minutes. This is a very different beach area than my favorite SC beach but I enjoyed the day. I love the Atlantic Ocean! The last three years I have been from Cape Cod to Charleston, SC.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed hearing about your day! Keep up the great blog! Marlin gets a gold star for climbing all those steps!

Carol

Ang said...

Man, I wish I were with you! Have fun for all of us.
Ang

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Dad! That ain't no hill for a climber. Looks like you are having fun-life is busy here.
Love you-
Lori

Henley Family said...

Thanks for the comments. Glad you are enjoying my electronic postcards. Nancy