Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Halloween Tag - I'm It - Nancy

Since Alissa named me "The Queen of Halloween" I thought I better get my answers posted!

How much do you enjoy Halloween? I love Halloween. I am not into the scary, bloody, yuck but love the orange, purple, etc! Orange is my very favorite color so you can only imagine how much I adore this season. (I might add that the Illini colors are orange and blue and that we have a winning football team this year!)

Do you think Halloween is too commercial these days? It has become a big market but it depends how you approach it. I am still very traditional in my view of Halloween.

Do you miss the traditional costumes? I do miss the costumes that Mom and Dad made for their kids but understand that time is limited and the important thing is that Mom and Dad spend the evening with you. Carla and I used to have a blast making costumes for the kiddos.

Do you give out candy? You betcha and lots more!

What has been your favorite costume? Probably the year Mom made the three of us Indian costumes. Also, one year they ordered a paper dress made to look like the Yellow Pages and finished my costume to look like the phone book.

When you were growing up what was the weather like during trick or treating? Did you ever have to wear a heavy coat over your costume? Rainy and cold! There were times we had to wear a coat. The first year I lived in Chicago it snowed on Halloween.

What was your favorite candy as a kid to get? That would be a toss up between Reese's Peanut Butter cups and Butterfinger bars (think I like peanut butter :)

Do you think Halloween costumes today are too provocative for kids and teens? Yes. I am always surprised at what some children come dressed like. I am not a big fan of teens trick or treating. Coming dressed up to a party (like my house) or coming dressed to help little kids is awesome but once the big kids start coming to the door (especially those in no costume and a bag) I am done.


What are your Halloween plans this year since it falls on a Wednesday? Well . . . each year my folks and I host the Henley Halloweeen Open House. It has grown from some sugar cookies to a full blown party with chili, appetizers and sweets! Lots of friends, neighbors and family come by during the evening. We started when Colton was born so that other friends could gather and see each other's kids without running all over . . . .Colton is 18 years old now.

If you are out on Halloween feel free to stop by between 5:30 - 8:30 pm. That's where the fun it happening!

1 comment:

Alissa said...

You know we'll be there!