Monday, June 30, 2008

"Crop Club"

The last Monday night of the month a group of ladies gather at Maryland Hgts to "crop"! I started our "crop club" several years ago as a way to gather with friends and work on our scrapbooks. It is a dedicated time that I know I can plan on in my calendar to work on a scrapbook project. Now I must say that I resisted the scrapbooking scene and said, I am never going to do that I couldn't keep up! Well, guess what I can't keep up but I do love scrapbooking. Since I was a kid I have loved to take pictures and I have several scrapbooks (like you used to buy at Woolworth's) that I have faithfully glued pictures and all kinds of mementos in. I have big ones from my days at Harding Academy. I have vacation scrapbooks from when we were kids and went on our fantastic family camping vacations - all over the US! Now my technique has improved, my tools are much more sophisticated, there are all kinds of sources for scrapbooking stuff but the bottom line is still the same "creating memories that last a lifetime". The "boys" when they are at our house love to look at the scrapbooks we have created - they are not so good about getting their picture made but they do give in! Here are a few of the ladies that share our Crop Club on Mondays - some from church and lots of friends from the community. You can see we each bring a lot of "tools" with us. The Marsha rule is "You can have a snack when you finish a page"! Our group changes from month to month but we usually have at least a dozen. Ladies - I love getting together with you each month! (Alissa - you missed our photo session!)

1 comment:

Alissa said...

No sweat! I promise I'll actually scrapbook next month. I'm going to start cropping pics now, so I can order them an be ready! Thanks for hosting this event each month!