Thursday, July 3, 2008

Oh, What a Night! - Nancy


This is the ball that David Wright, Mets, hit as a foul ball into section 246 that Aunt Nancy "caught"! I can't say that I really caught it - a more accurate description was that it hit the upper left portion of my chest and I grabbed it with my right hand and held it aloft. Colton, Kyle and Eric didn't really consider it catching a foul ball but the bottom line is I came up with the baseball and the crowd cheered for me!

A last minute snafu for my friend, Lisa ended up with me having 4 tickets in the Redbird Club so the three guys and I headed out to the game. Kyle and I had originally planned to go and sit in a different section. There was a 47 minute rain delay so it was great to be just under the overhang!
The guys in the Redbird Club.

It was a very late game but the result was well worth the length. The Cardinals won with a walk off homer by Troy Glaus. The Cardinals beat the Mets 8 -7! We saw 4 Cardinal home runs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO CARDS! :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you are sad that you didn't get to sit next to Tom and Mary!

Alissa said...

It was a good game. . . at least the three innings we made it through! Great catch!

Terri and Kelsey said...

I am so jealous! That is so cool that you caught that ball. See you next week!