Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This 'n That from the last week - Nancy

Everyone is back in school as of today and life is settling back into a routine! The last week has been a quiet but productive one for me. I was able to finish my Colorado 2006 scrapbook, organize all my cropping supplies and sort the entire year of 2007 pictures! We watched lots of college football and cheered for Mizzou as they won big and quietly accepted the Illini defeat in the Rose Bowl (we didn't expect to win but we did not expect to lose that bad!) Dad loves college football and as he watched the championship game last night he told us . .well, 7+ months and it will start over :) Last Friday night we were all at the St Charles West game where they defeated their cross-town rivals St. Charles High. It was a rout as they invoked the mercy rule of letting the clock run as SCW was 30 points ahead. Colton and Kyle are sure SCW will be in the state finals! Speaking of basketball, Mom and Dad are in Monticello to see Matt play basketball. They are in the OKAW tourney now. Mom just called and they won tonight so they will play for the championship of the tourney on Thursday evening. The Monticello 7th grade team is 18-0 now - we are also hoping they head to the state championships.

On another front it is Camp Ne-O-Tez membership time - the packets are printed, stuffed and ready to be distributed. If you don't get one or would like to receive one just leave a comment or email and I will make sure you get one. Mark your calendars for the Annual Ne-O-Tez dinner on March 28th, David Bearden is going to be our speaker this year.

Sunday afternoon Carla, Colton, Kyle and Eric and myself went bowling, well actually I went watching! What a fun afternoon.

Hasn't the weather been freaky? If I didn't know better I would have thought Dad left all the Christmas lights on (except they are down) as lit up as the front of the house was about midnight last night. We had a big storm with lots of lightning. Jake got a new bike for Christmas (guess you never get too old for a new bike for Christmas - his is a little more advanced than the type kids get!) and Lori said the weather was so nice that we went out bike riding on Sunday - not typical for January in Monticello, IL.

Enough rambling . . .Happy New Year to you and yours.

5 comments:

Ang said...

Het, so glad to hear what has been going on with you. I am so jealous of your scrapbook stuff being organized. I am so far behind, tons to do in Feb over night.

By the way, we do need a form, I am assuming you knew that already, you always take care of us.

Anonymous said...

Ang- I will take care of getting a form to you! I decided if I didn't get my stuff organized I would go nuts. I also got a cricut from my folks for Christmas so there is no stopping me now! It helps that I don't have two little ones running around :) Sounds like your trip was a blast - reminds me of all the fun our family had with Jones family growing up! See ya, Nancy

Deborah said...

Yes! My grandmother IS Mrs. Curtis and I love her too. In fact, she is one of my heroes. Glad to make the connection with you. Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog.

Anonymous said...

You got a CRICUT!!!! I am so jealous! I expect to see that at a crop sometime!
Edward is upset that you did not mention seeing his smiling face on New Years as a Highlight of the past weeks! LOL!

Henley Family said...

Karen - I plan to bring my Cricut when we crop -it is such a blast to use! Edward and his family were a hit at New Years Eve - sorry you and Donovan weren't there. Have Edward check the comments on his Dad's blog! See ya soon, Nancy