Friday, April 18, 2008

Seven Random Things - Nancy

Angie tagged me to the "seven random things" so I am going to give it a whirl . . .

1. I don't like heat or bugs or public showers but I am still passionate about Camp Ne-O-Tez and love to be there!

2. I spent 13 weeks in Papua New Guinea as a missionary assistant the summer after I graduated from college. The Animal Kingdom, rainforest exhibits, etc hold no appeal for me after living in one for 13 weeks. Most kids go on a 2-3 week mission trip oh no not us. . Dad said if you and Lori are going to raise that much money (airfare was $2500 apiece in 1982) then you are going to stay the WHOLE summer. Lori came home and had about 4 days before she went back to Harding.

3. I have five nephews and I adore them! There is very little I would not do for them. My prayer is that they will all become Christians, be Godly men, if they choose to marry have Christain families and be faithful all the days of their lives.

4. I can't stand the taste or smell of anything mint! My nephews get a real kick out of blowing their minty breath my direction! In a car sometimes it overwhelms me so much that I have to roll down the window and gasp for fresh air! Goofy I know!

5. My work experience has been limited to two employers (outside a two week stint for Kelly Girl). I worked for northAmerican Van Lines in the summers of college and then for 8 years after graduation. The oddest work I did for northAmerican was managing a warehouse for about 6 months so I could write a training manual and warehouse procedures! I then went back to school to get a teaching degree and went to work for Pattonville (not teaching) and have been there ever since. I plan to retire from Pattonville!

6. I have been blessed with a great family. My mom and dad are the best. You can't beat my sister and brother! Then for them to have married and give me such an awesome s-i-l and b-i-l who have become treasured friends . . . . how did I get so lucky! Nothing is better than the time we spend together as the "12"!

7. Since a child I have loved to take pictures! I scrapbooked before it was cool (we have family vacations in scrapbooks and all my high school/college days) - - then when it became vogue I swore I would never do this because it took too much time . .well never say never. I love when you create a book and watch the wonder on the face of the person when they open the book and the story is all about them.

The Seven Random things seems to be making the rounds so I am just going to issue the challenge that you give it a try - - it is fun! I would love for JD and Carla to post about themselves.

No comments: